Here’s a quick round-up of everything I’ve written on this blog in 2021:
On the doctrine and practice of Tenebrous Satanism:
- Does advancing in Tenebrous magick require practicing meditation?
- How worried should I be that Tenebrous Satanism “draws inspiration” from Order of Nine Angles?
Spoiler: I definitely sympathize with anyone concerned, but no, we are NOT Nazis, criminals or etc.! If you are looking for my take on the Nekalah, the Dark Gods of O9A, I refer to them generally in this post and to a specific one, Nythra, in this post.
On my personal views and experiences as a Tenebrous Satanist:
- The significance of the Moon for occult endeavors
- My thoughts about the applicability of labels such as “Luciferian,” “theistic,” etc. to what I do
- Why the inverted cross is a valid Satanic symbol
Note: I know “it’s the Petrine cross” – read my argument re: why it can still be “Satanic” anyway!
- On navigating the tension between science and magick
Note: In the time since I wrote this, Twitter’s proved educational re: I did not know how much I did not know about astrology; my personal experience remains that thus far I have not found it useful + continue to be skeptical, but I may revisit that specific topic with more nuance and reflection sometime in the future.
Explorations of Satanic narratives:
- Intro to the “Is Empathy Satanic?” series
- The Serpent in Eden (Empathy 1)
- Satan in the Book of Job (Empathy 2)
- The Abyssal Void of Darkness and the Nekalah (Empathy 3)
Black metal bands who have inspired me:
To lastly touch on an update I issued in November: my day job’s situation is evolving in a direction that will cause it to totally monopolize my time from January to April. So I suspect the June-August range of 2022 may be most realistic re: the earliest I anticipate Nine Keys of Abyssal Darkness going to print.